1. Introduction and General Terms
- what information ECOSHEET may collect about you;
- how ECOSHEET will use information we collect about you;
- when ECOSHEET may use your details to contact you;
- whether ECOSHEET will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
3. What information will ECOSHEET collect about me?
4. How will ECOSHEET use the information they collect about me?
ECOSHEET will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "service administration purposes", which means that ECOSHEET may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 6 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on our website e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where ECOSHEET proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
5. How does ECOSHEET protect your information?
6. When will ECOSHEET contact me?
ECOSHEET may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that ECOSHEET can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about ECOSHEET services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, unless you have clicked unsubscribe (see paragraph 7 below)
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
ECOSHEET may contact you for marketing purposes, or to promote new services to you. You may opt out of these services by clicking on unsubscribe.
8. Will ECOSHEET share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 9 below. Generally, we will only use your information within ECOSHEET. However, sometimes ECOSHEET uses third parties to process your information. ECOSHEET will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and ECOSHEET will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
9. Offensive or inappropriate content on the ECOSHEET website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the website, ECOSHEET may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where ECOSHEET reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), ECOSHEET may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
10. How long will ECOSHEET keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with ECOSHEET.
11. Can I find out what personal information ECOSHEET holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information ECOSHEET holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
13. Cookies Policy – Information that ECOSHEET may collect from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the website to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
ECOSHEET also use a number of independent measurement and research companies. They gather information regarding the visitors to ECOSHEET sites on our behalf using cookies, log file data and code which is embedded on our website. ECOSHEET use this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users. ECOSHEET strictly require that third parties do not use any information for their own business or other purposes (see paragraph 8 above).