"Our goal is to make products that help our customers reduce their impact on the environment. However to really change the game, we need to make products that out-perform environmentally, operationally and commercially.
In short, win hearts, minds and wallets!"
OMER KUTLUOGLU, CEO
Pictured (left) with Turul Taskent (Operations Director).
What is Ecosheet made from?
Ecosheet was formed in January 2007 with the express purpose of manufacturing industrial products from recovered waste plastics. We do this using our new ground breaking technology which, combined with our rigorous process controls, allows us to take co-mingled polymer waste and re-manufacture it into high-performance, environmentally sustainable products.
In a world where the overwhelming majority of simple, everyday items are made from several different polymer types used in combination, recycling plastics has never been more challenging. Without any realistic prospect of separating co-mingled polymers back into their constituent elements, the quantity of plastics now headed for disposal - either in landfill or incineration - remains unwaveringly high. But why should we care?
Plastics are a valuable natural resource. They are generally derived from fossil fuels and are created at substantial energetic and environmental cost. And yet we have come to treat plastic as the ultimate throw-away consumer commodity - using them in an all-pervasive multitude of short-term applications. The net result is the perfect storm of conflicts whereby:
- Our consumption patterns are rising relentlessly.
- We are increasingly reliant upon plastics products within this consumption pattern.
- These products are increasingly made from multiple polymer types - which are largely impossible to segregate and therefore recycle.
- We therefore burn or bury used plastics and start the process again with virgin polymers.
- This in turn relentlessly drives global resource depletion, and further aggravates environmental damage.
Using our processes, we can divert these precious waste-streams away from disposal and recycle them back into valuable products - which in turn can be recycled again repeatedly.